Each and every year, one of the world’s most beloved bugs visits Ohio – proudly announcing their arrival with random sparks and flickers of glowing neon throughout the summer sky. Join us on the first weekend of summer, as we welcome and celebrate the most efficient light in the world… the firefly! (nearly 100% of the energy in the chemical reaction within the fireflies light organ is emitted light… it’s true)
What: Overnight Trail Race, Camping, Live Music & More!
- Sunset 10K
- Sunrise 10K
- Overnight 50K
- Overnight 50M
- 1 Mile Kids Trail Race!
- Camping encouraged!
Where: The Rocks and Roots Trail at Alum Creek (Group Camp)
When: Saturday-Sunday, July 13-14th at 8:00pm-8:00am
- Sunset 10K option begins at 8pm on July 13th
- Sunrise 10K option begins at 7am on July 14th
- Overnight 50K option begins at 8pm on July 13th with 8am cutoff time
- Overnight 50M option begins at 8pm on July 13th with 8am cutoff time
- Kids 1 Mile Trail Run 8:00am on July 14th
|Sunset OR Sunrise 10K||Sunset AND Sunrise 10K||50K or 50 Mile||1/2 Mile Kids Run|
|Through April 30th||$45||$60||$60||$5|
|May 1st-May 31st||$50||$65||$65||$10|
|June 1st-June 30th||$55||$70||$70||$15|
|July 1st-Race Day||$60||$75||$75||$15|
The Firefly Dusk to Dawn offers you the option of a Sunrise or Sunset 10K (or both), 50K, or 50-mile, fully supported, overnight-race throughout the ONLY trail in central Ohio built BY runners, FOR runners!
Wait, what?!?! Overnight!?!?! Yes! The race will start at 8pm, so even though the fireflies will help light your way, headlamps and/or flashlights are mandatory. (For the Sunrise 10k on Sunday morning, lights will not be necessary)
Bring your family and friends, as the course will pass through the overnight group-camping area. Reflective gear, glow-sticks, and body-paint are encouraged.
Please note: The Firefly Trail Race has a NO REFUND and NO BIB TRANSFER policy for all events.
What do you get?
- 10K, 50K, or 50M trail race (you can sign up for both 10Ks and camp overnight!)
- Event Shirt
- Finisher’s Medal
- Live Music from 8pm-midnight
- Beer Truck – Proceeds benefit Rocks and Roots Trail Runner’s Association
- Food Truck
- Pancake breakfast – Pancakes, sausage and coffee will be available from 7am-10am for $5.
- Optional Camping – Limited Sites Available! TWO Breakfast tickets included
- Camping sites are NOT required. There is plenty of designated space available for spectators and drop bag tents for 50K & 50M participants.
- However, you may opt to reserve a tent site for $25. Sites are approximately 15ft x 15ft.
- Two breakfast tickets included with reservation.
The Race Site:
Unlike other RRTRA events this event will start and finish at the Alum Creek State Park Group Campsite, which is located just off of Lewis Center Rd and just north of the beach entrance. See map for details.
Packet pickup will be held at Fleet Feet Sports in Lewis Center before the event on Thursday, July 11th through Friday, July 12th during normal business hours.
Race day packet pickup will beginning at 6pm at the race site at Alum Creek State Park.
The Course: Course layout is subject to change
The start of the race is located just off of Lewis Center Rd and just north of the beach entrance. Watch for Fleet Feet arrows pointing you in the right direction! (10K Maps coming soon!)