Each and every year, one of the world’s most beloved bugs visits Ohio – proudly announcing their arrival with random sparks and flickers of glowing neon throughout the summer sky.
Join us on the last weekend of June, as we welcome and celebrate the most efficient light in the world… the firefly! (nearly 100% of the energy in the chemical reaction within the fireflies light organ is emitted light… it’s true)
Whether you’re looking to set a distance PR or just looking to run in the dark with some friends, “The Firefly Overnight Endurance Challenge and Sunset 10k” will offer you that opportunity with 12-hours of fully supported, overnight-racing throughout the ONLY trail in central Ohio built BY runners, FOR runners! Wait, what?!?! Overnight!?!?! Yes!
The race will start at 8pm, and it will be dark no matter which race you choose! So, even though the fireflies will help light your way, headlamps and/or flashlights are mandatory.
Bring your family and friends, as the course will pass through the overnight group-camping area.
Don’t forget the kids! They’ll have a race too! The kids mile will start promptly 30-minutes prior to the “big kids” race.
Reflective gear, glow-sticks, and body-paint are encouraged.
The Firefly Overnight Endurance Challenge, June 27 – 28 at 8:00pm, on the Rocks and Roots trail at Alum Creek.
What: Overnight Endurance Challenge and Sunset 10k and Kids Mile
- Sunset 10K
- Overnight Endurance Challenge
- 1 Mile Kids Trail Race!
- Camping encouraged!
Where: The Rocks and Roots Trail at Alum Creek (Group Camp)
When: Saturday-Sunday, June 27 – 28 at 8:00pm
- Sunset 10K option begins at 8pm on June 27
- Overnight Endurance Challenge option begins at 8pm on June 27. Must begin final lap by 8am and finish by 10am.
- Kids 1 Mile Trail Run 7:30pm on June 27
|Sunset 10K||Endurance Challenge||1 Mile Kids Run|
|Through March 31st||$45||$60||$5|
|April 1st-April 30th||$50||$65||$10|
|May 1st-May 31st||$55||$70||$15|
|June 1st-Race Day||$60||$75||$15|
Please note: The Firefly Trail Race has a NO REFUND and NO BIB TRANSFER policy for all events.
What do you get?
- Sunset 10K, or Overnight Endurance Challenge
- Event Shirt
- Finisher’s Medal
- Live Music from 8pm-midnight
- Beer Truck – Proceeds benefit Rocks and Roots Trail Runner’s Association
- Optional Camping – Limited Sites Available! TWO Breakfast tickets included
- Camping sites are NOT required. There is plenty of designated space available for spectators and drop bag tents for 50K & 50M participants.
- However, you may opt to reserve a tent site for $25. Sites are approximately 15ft x 15ft.
- Two breakfast tickets included with reservation.
The Race Site:
Unlike other RRTRA events this event will start and finish at the Alum Creek State Park Group Campsite, which is located just off of Lewis Center Rd and just north of the beach entrance. See map for details.
Packet pickup will be held at Fleet Feet Sports in Lewis Center before the event on Thursday, June 25th through Friday, June 26th during normal business hours.
Race day packet pickup will beginning at 6pm at the race site at Alum Creek State Park.
The Course: Course layout is subject to change
The start of the race is located just off of Lewis Center Rd and just north of the beach entrance. Watch for Fleet Feet arrows pointing you in the right direction!